Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Work It: Current Trends I HATE


1. TOMS- Why do I hate such a charitable company you ask? Because I am not a fan of any bandwagon trend that pressures someone to buy a product! People tell me I need a pair of TOMS. I dont give in to fashion trends because it is what everyone else is doing. Call me a mean-spirited party pooper but TOMS make your feet look square and stumpy. If you didnt know what TOMS were and saw someone on the street wearing them chances are you would think to yourself "what a hobo shoe!"





2. FEATHER HAIR EXTENSIONS- I love Ke$sha. She has been wearing feathers in her hair for years now. I collect found feathers and when my doves molt I will pick a fancy one and yes on occasion I would wear it in my hair. A year ago (before I heard of the now so popular feather extensions) thought I was being semi-original as I saw no one else with a bluejay feather in their hair around town. Now days I cant leave home without seeing a girl playing with the damned thing in her hair (also while sporting her glittery TOMS).

Also, these feathers are not synthetic. So vegans beware as they come from roosters. Now I looked into this and could not find how they are harvested or how the roosters are treated in this process but I am very curious to know: are the roosters suffering for a girl's need to fit in with the crowd? If anyone has any credible (with sources) info on how feathers are "harvested" please let inquiring minds know.

Im done bitching. For now.

Peace <3 & (A)-
Chey

4 comments:

  1. I find it a curious trend wear feathers. Why is it that people find the need to put animal parts on them. Fur, feathers, and skins are all so barbaric and should be a trend that never comes back. I feel as though Toms are the handicapped cousin of the Vans family. They look like a brother and a sister Van flat had a short stumpy bandage baby. Go away Toms!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hate them too, i dont know why people so love to wear feathers on their hair or to wear this ugly shoes...
    trends come and go.
    xxxxxx
    michal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I also hate them!
    I tried some and they looked horrible and hurt my feet :p x

    Theblackm4ze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely hate Toms... they look absolutely horrible! x

    ReplyDelete