Thursday, June 10, 2010

Its a matter of opinion: Fur v. Leather


I personally hate fur that is not on animals. Yet sometimes I feel like the biggest hypocrate because I wear my fair share of leather. And what about my down comforter and pillows? While I will not go out and start wearing fur because they are all the same and I am already apart of this gross slaughtering of animals, I dont think I will stop buying leather bags and shoes either. I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions about this.


- The Vegitarian Society has some interesting facts about clothing from animal products.


- I think this is great: Coatsforcubs.com will accept old fur clothing donations and gives them to the humane society which uses the fur to warm and comfort abandoned and injured wildlife. What a a great idea.


1.what the difference is between wearing fur and wearing leather. Or is there one? 2.What about the versatility of leather (i.e. shoes, other wares)?
3.What about down feathers? Cashmere?
4.Who decides where the line should be drawn and what is acceptable versus what is not?
I would like comments and opinions on your thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. I'm no expert regarding animal clothing vs non-animal clothing (as you can probably already tell) but i don't see the necessity in wearing real fur instead of fake fur?...I do see some point though in people wearing leather shoes as they tend to last longer. Meh at the end of the day, if its affordable i'd buy it. No cashmere coats or leather handbags for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like fur, but I also wear faux. <3

    -Dyanna Pure
    www.thesfstyle.com

    ReplyDelete